2021 May Be a Dry Year for Utahadmin
A recent article published in the Salt Lake Tribune outlines that with Utah’s snowpack being below normal levels, the state is heading for a dry year. Reducing your water use can help ensure the state has enough water to meet everyone’s needs throughout the year. Here are some ideas for ways you can help conserve water this year.
How to Save Water at Home:
- Repair leaky plumbing and faucets.
- Reuse cooking water in the garden.
- Scrape dishes into the trash and soak pots and pans before washing.
- Thaw frozen foods in the refrigerator, not under running water.
- Use the same glass all day for drinking water.
- Cut shower time.
- Replace an old washing machine with low-water models. It can pay for itself through energy savings, while using half as much water.
- Turn off the faucet while brushing teeth.
How To Save Water Outdoors:
- Mulch your plants.
- Avoid overwatering.
- Remove unwanted weeds.
- Adjust the lawn mower’s blade height to a higher setting.
- Select drought-tolerant plants that require less water to thrive.
Check out the full article here.