A recent article published in the Salt Lake Tribune outlines that with Utah’s snowpack being below normal levels, the state is heading for a dry year. Reducing your water use can help ensure the state has enough water to meet everyone’s needs throughout the year. Here are some ideas for ways you can help conserve water this year.
How to Save Water at Home:
- Repair leaky plumbing and faucets.
- Reuse cooking water in the garden.
- Scrape dishes into the trash and soak pots and pans before washing.
- Thaw frozen foods in the refrigerator, not under running water.
- Use the same glass all day for drinking water.
How To Save Water Outdoors:
- Adjust the lawn mower’s blade height to a higher setting.
- Select drought-tolerant plants that require less water to thrive.
For more info on way that you can help save water this year check out Utah’s Slow the Flow
campaign and the Utah Division of Water Resources
out the full article here